The musings of my life as I go through my jaw surgery and things in general :)
Monday, March 5, 2012
A week in the making
At this time last week I was in surgery! I sort of feel like I don't remember what it was like to be normal anymore. My face is basically numb starting from the bottom of my eyelids going to the tips of my lips. My bottom lip is fine and can feel things but the top lip is completely numb. I can't feel my upper teeth or the roof of my mouth either. I can smell quite fantastic though. Maybe too well sometimes. My ears pop quite loud every once in a while and so does my nose...which is slightly disconcerting. But I don't feel too much pain which is a blessing. I just get a vicious headache that starts by my jaw and covers the rest of my head. However I have some amazing drugs that knock me out when it gets too bad. Sneezing is definitely an experience. I find that my sinus' must be draining down the back of my throat because I have blood in my spit sometimes. Overall, not that bad and I'm glad I did it if it means I never have to go back to braces again. I love you guys :)
Labels:
home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
we love you too you cute thing!!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh...comments worked! Good thing I didn't type something dumb to try it out with...he he...
ReplyDeleteYou made it through your first week...that is something right?? It's bound to just get better from here;)
love ya!