Well I went to the doctor today and he said that I am doing absolutely amazing. I am still quite swollen (as if you couldn't tell) but that should go down in the next couple of weeks. I'm regaining some feeling in my nose, but the rest of the numbness can take from 3 to 9 months to return completely. He readjusted my rubber bands and now my teeth at quite close together in the front, giving me a funny slur sound when I talk. In fact, the most painful thing right now are my bottom teeth because the rubber bands are so tight. The most significant thing that happened today was some high school chick and her boyfriend totally made fun of me at the mall! Jared and I were eating and slurping respectively in the food court and I notice this girl is looking over quite a bit. Then the boy across from her pulls one of those I'm-stretching-but-really-looking-at-someone-stunts. So then I ask Jared, are those two looking at us, and he said I noticed them looking too! So then we really watch and sure enough it happens again and then they giggle! Gigglers! I wanted to go over there and say let me smash your face with a baseball bat and we'll see how you look in a week! HA! It's quite funny now, but I don't think I've ever had someone make fun of how I look and it was quite a rude awakening. Anyways! I think that I am looking rather remarkable myself...I was expecting lots of bruising and super painful stuff but I am actually okay. The only really hard part is how weak I get because I don't get to eat a whole lot. Not to mention my stomach is teeny! So I can't eat a lot! Today in the food court everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, smelled so GOOD. I sat there for a few extras just savoring...sigh. Just appreciate the teeth you have even if they suck because it sucks even worse not being able to chew. Love you guys.
Oh P.S. - I've lost 8 pounds.






No comments:
Post a Comment