Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good Grief

Oh my GOSH! I am seriously thinking about hurting my dog! If I wasn’t so dang happy that I still have her and she is alive I would probably do something… Here is the story. I came home for lunch today,Annie and I played a little and then she needed to go outside,so I let her out and left the door popped open. (She will hit it with her paws and come inside when she is done.) So I let her out and got on the computer. After a while I noticed it had been a long time and she had not come back in. Not to mention my half hour for lunch was up. I went outside and called and whistled; nothing. I called and whistled some more,STILL nothing. So now I’m thinking she is in the back yard just ignoring me. I head back there and she is nowhere to be found. I’m beginning to panic now. Where the heck could she have gone?? I call my boss and say my dog is missing I’m going to go look for her so I will be a little late. I get in the car and drive around the block; there are dogs,but no Annie. I’m trying not to think of all the terrible things that could have happened…she is just so friendly she could have hopped in a car with someone. I go back to the backyard and look again. I go to the garage thinking maybe she got caught in something… Finally I walk around the block on foot and call Jared. Yes I am really freaking out at this point. I look all through the house thinking maybe she ran in and I didn’t notice…she is just gone. It has almost been 45 minutes. I finally decide there is nothing more I can do and go out the door. I look up right in time to see Annie run around the side of the house. I’m not ashamed to say I burst into tears. Fetchin’ little thing! So after I yelled a bit and said prayers of thanksgiving,I put her back in the bathroom and got back to work. Sigh…I just cannot take anymore things like that. Ever!

1 comment:

  1. What the heck was that Annie doing? A dog that cute should be careful. Fella might take it the wrong way!

    ReplyDelete